Brief information on the area and route
Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) is one of the well-liked trekking trails in Nepal. This trail combines easy and shorter trek than other high altitude treks in Nepal. ABC Trek presents divers flora and fauna, topography, and wildlife. The splendid view of Machhhapuchhre (Machapuchare, Machhapuchchhre), is the most eye-catching mountain of this trail.
Rhododendron which is national flower of Nepal blooms in spring season. Beautiful waterfalls, different ethnicity of people mainly Gurung people, natural hot springs, Poon Hill and Base Camp of Annapurna are the major sceneries of this route.
Poon hill is a best point for the view of Annapurna with other Himalayan Peaks and for sunrise and sunset. Early morning people hike to Poon hill from Ghorepani to have amazing panorama.
This trek begins after having 1:30 hours drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk, Chhomrong, Dhovan, MBC, ABC and descend to Jhinu Danda and down to Pokhara after having amazing uphills and downhills.
How to Start & End Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the fantastic trek of Nepal which begins after having 1:30 hours drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and hike to Ghandruk, Chhomrong, Dhovan, MBC, ABC, Jhinu Danda and ends trek in Nayapul.
- Even this trek can start after having 1:30 hours drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and hike to Ghorepani but it takes 2 days extra. The above mentioned itinerary is shorter way to ABC.
- Your Guide and porters will drive with you from Pokhara to Nayapul; but Guide will be with you from Kathmandu. So, trek starts from Pokhara and ends in Pokhara.
Trekking Permits of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Need Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit; it cost 20$ per person.
- Also Need TIMS; it cost 10$ per person.
- One can buy ACAP Permit with TIMS Card in Nepal Tourism Board or related company through which you go ABC.
- Your Permit is Checked-inn in Nayapul & Chhomrong and checked out in Nayapul after finishing trek.
Lodges and Foods in Annapurna Base Camp
During the period of ABC Trekking, Trekkers sleep in normal Tea-houses. Two Trekkers can share one room where available of two beds. But in higher part of ABC, 5-6 trekkers also share one room due to few lodges and many tourists. Toilet and Bathroom is shared. Main season of ABC trekking is March, April, May, Sep, Oct & Nov. One can choose food from Menu, but normally they have Nepali Food Called Dal Bhat, Vegetables, Noodles, potatoes, Local Gurung Bread, Pizza, Steak, Fry Rice, Toast, Omelete, boiled eggs, pasta, French fries and soup. There are even biscuits, chocolates and soft drinks. In the upper part, food cost is more expensive than lower part. Due to remotness food is expensive and also difficult to send transportation. Foods are carried by Porters.
Best time to go Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Are you looking for the best time to go Annapuran Base Camp? Wherever you travel in the world, it is necessary to know the best time. The Best time to trek ABC is pre monsoon and post moon season. The most recommended season of ABC Trek is in autumn (Sep, Oct, Nov,) and spring (March, April May). In Autumn Season, moonsoon dies away, haze and rain still little bit potential. The views are magnificent, fabulous and cooling down. Weather is too fresh and clean. In spring season, lower part of Modi Khola River will be hot and upper part, not too cold not too hot. Weather will be awesome having fantastic view of Himalayan peaks though sometimes may change the weather due to cloud but it is rare. This season Rhododendron blooms which makes hill in red color.
Detail Cost of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- ACAP Permit= 30$ Per Person
- TIMS= 10$ Per Person
- Guide Wages= 30$ Per Day ( Salary, Food, Accommodation, Insurance and Private equipments)
- Porter Wages= 25$ Per Day ( Salary, Food, Accmmodation, Insurance and Priate equipments. Porter Carries maximun 25-30kg)
- Kathmandu to Pokhara By Private Transport= 150$
- Pokahra to Kathmandu Flight= 125$ Per Person
- Pokhara-Nayapul-Pokhara Drive (By Private Transport)
- Normal Tea House Room (Twin Share) = 10$ -15$
- Food (Breakfast-Lunch-Diiner)= 25$-40$ Per Day/Per Person
- Tea/Coffee= 1$-4$ Per Cup
- Bottle of Water= 1$-3$
- Beer= 4$-7$
Before you start Annapurna Base Camp Trek, must prepare for your equipments to prevent cold and for safety. Your backpacks should ready in Kathmandu or in Pokhara. Below listed equipments are recommended for Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Hiking Boots and Socks
- Waterproof Jacket
- Fleece Jacket
- Sun Glass
- Warm Cap
- Water bottle
- Sleeping Bag -15 degree
- Down Jacket
- Small Towel
- Trekking Sticks