Equipment for the mountains, personal and group
You are going to trekking, hiking or climbing. Don't know what personal equipment you need with you? Everything is very simple.
- First: When choosing your tour, pay attention to the list of group and recommended individual equipment and clothing offered by the organizer of this tour,
- Second: Always focus on what you plan to do. It will be: one-day or multi-day trekking, mountain or sports multi-day hike, hike with climbing, climbing, etc.
- Thirdly: Your choice will depend on many factors: weather, altitude, trip duration, time of year, area, etc.
Based on this, make your personal equipment list from the list below.
- Backpack for long hikes and expeditions (90 - 130 l) with rain cover
- Expeditionary trunk (90 - 140 l)
- Trekking backpack (60 – 80 l) with rain cover
- Assault backpack (20 - 50 l)
- Base camp tent (single or double)
- Two-layer tent for 2, 3 or 4 people (there are for trekking, hiking, climbing)
- Tourist mat (karemat or self-inflating mat, the latter can be pierced!)
- Tourist seat
- Sleeping bag (there are downy and synthetic ones, comfort temperatures are from +10 C to -40 C, many people recommend synthetic on long trips, it does not get damp)
- Burner gas or multi-fuel
- Gas cylinders or petrol
- Matches, lighter, flint, dry alcohol, candles
- A set of dishes: pots, pans, teapots, mugs, plates, spoons, forks, knives, as well as thermoses (thermo mugs), etc.
- Water tanks (plastic bottles)
- Garbage bags
- Rope (lace) is ordinary, for various needs (drying things, stretching tents, etc.)
- Glue, repair kits, repair patches, tape, duct tape, solar panels, etc.
- Hatchet, saw
- Snow shovel and snow saw
- Trekking poles
- Shoe covers or gaiters
- Protective glasses
- Water container (bottle, flask, thermos, etc.)
- Waterproof covers: a case for documents and money, a bag for a sleeping bag and parts of things (for changing clothes after walking in heavy rain)
- Hygiene products: towel, handkerchief, soap, shampoo, toothbrush and paste, shaving products, toilet paper, wet wipes, comb, insect protection (cream, spray), etc.
- Auxiliary tools: scissors, threads and needles, hairpins, pins, rubber bands, etc.
- Means of communication, photo: telephone or smartphone, power bank, watch, navigator, compass, extra batteries or accumulators, camera, video camera, mp3 player, photo tripod, etc.
- Harness system: harness and chest harness, lanyard mustache, 3-5 carabiners
- Main rope (50 m each), auxiliary cords, safety loops, etc.
- For moving on the rocks: embedded elements, various hooks (including anchors), friends (camalots), sky hooks, a hammer, etc.
- For movement on ice: ice ax, ice tools, fifas, crampons, ice screws, etc.
- Devices for belaying, descending, moving: various clips (jumars), descenders (figure eight), blocks, ladders, hook legs, carabiners, quickdraws, etc.
Personal (individual) first aid kit. See more information here - https://extremetour.pro/en/articles/first-aid-kit-to-the-mountains
Personal clothing and footwear. See more information here - https://extremetour.pro/en/articles/clothes-and-shoes-to-the-mountains
- Be sure to coordinate with the tour organizer, leader (guide) the list of Individual equipment
- Do not forget that you will carry all this equipment in your backpack. And weight matters!
If you liked the article, put Like and share with your friends!