Brief information on the area
Borjomi is a resort city in the Samtskhe-Javakheti region, in the south-west of Georgia. The city is famous for its Borjomi mineral water, which occupies the first export position in Georgia. It is located at an altitude of 810-850 m above sea level.
Bakuriani settlement is located in the Borjomi municipality of Samtskhe-Javakheti region of Georgia. Its population is about 2500 people. Altitude is about 1700 m.
Ski resort Bakuriani is the oldest ski resort in Georgia, located at an altitude of about 1700 m above sea level on the northern slope of the Trialeti Range in a wide volcanic crater. It is located in the Borjomi Gorge, 200 km west of Tbilisi and 180 km east of Kutaisi. This is a year-round mountain resort, which, together with Borjomi, claimed to host the 2014 Winter Olympics. The ski season in Bakuriani opens in December and lasts until the end of March. Lifts: cabins, chairlifts, yoke and cable car to the panoramic observation deck. The main ski areas in Bakuriani are Didveli, Kokhta and Kokhta 2. Didveli. The upper panoramic point (observation deck) is located at an altitude of 2702 m. There is a cafe with free Wi-Fi at the lower and intermediate stations. "Kokhta." Mount Kohta (2155 m). Equipped with two chair lifts, all three stations have Wi-Fi. At the upper station there is an observation deck. “Kokhta 2” (in other words “Tatra” or “Mitarbi”). Mount Kokhta 2 (2269 m), where there is also an observation deck. There are children's and training areas for skiing. Among skiing enthusiasts, skiing to the Tskhratskaro pass (13 km from Bakuriani) to a height of 2454 m is very popular.
Bakuriani is a meeting place for skiers and snowboarders who love comfortable skiing, sunny weather and Georgian hospitality.
Vardzia is a cave monastery complex of the 12th-13th centuries in the south of Georgia, in Javakhetia. An outstanding monument of medieval Georgian architecture. It is located in the Aspindza region of Samtskhe-Javakheti region, in the Kura river valley, about 100 km south of the city of Borjomi, near the village of the same name.
Akhaltsikhe (New Fortress) is a city in southern Georgia on the Potskhovis-Tskali River. The district center of the Akhaltsikhe region, the administrative center of the Samtskhe-Javakheti region. Here is the famous Akhaltsikhe fortress Rabat, XVI-XVIII centuries.
- Only children under the age of 14 are allowed on the tour.
- The receiving party has the right to prohibit the participants from skiing in the event of adverse weather conditions and poor physical condition of the participant (injury).
- The price does not include: additional excursions, transfers outside the program, environmental fees, etc.
- It is possible to provide additional services by prior arrangement: transfer: airport (railway station) - hotel; rental of personal and ski equipment, etc.
We recommend taking with you:
- ski or snowboard suit (warm jacket, pants)
- ski cap;
- fleece, ski gloves, mittens;
- ski or snowboard boots;
- ski helmet (recommended !!!);
- ski goggles;
- a small backpack up to 30 l (for removable shoes, a snack on the slopes);
- a seater;
- downhill skiing with sticks or snowboarding;
- sun protection: cream;
- thermos or flask for water with a total volume of up to 1l .;
- headlamp (spare batteries);
- individual first-aid kit.
Attention! Also you can order:
- one day trekking route in Borjomi park - Kharagauli
- excursion Tbilisi-Mtskheta-Jvari
- tour Rabati fortress - Vardzia
- and other options ...
You can offer your tour dates and number of days in advance.