Brief information on the area and route
Langtang Valley is called “The valley of Glaciers Trek” located inside Langtang National Park; presents slow running Rivers, rocky mountain, pain forest and snow-capped Himalayan Peaks.
Lower Part of this region is full of greenery and upper part having glacier and mountain peaks. Langtang Valley Trek is easy trekking trail of Nepal trekkers can complete easily. The popular Himalayas of this region are Langtang (7234m) Langtang Lirung (7245m) Lakpa Dorje (6989m), GangaLaPass(5122m) Sishapangma(8027m), Gyangchempo (6387m).
Due to Massive Earthquake of 2015, whole Langtang Village was destroyed, now it is getting renovated.
The Trek begins after having 5-6 hrs drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi and hike to Bamboo, Lama Hotel, Langtang Village, and finally Kyanjin Gumpa. And same way return back to Syabru Bensi. You will follow Langtang River during your trek. This trekking is very good alternative for those adventure trekkers who are willing to be out of the crowded area like Annapurna and Everest region.
How to Start & End Langtang Valley Trek
- Langtang Valley Trek is one of the easy treks of Nepal which begins after having 5-6 hrs drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi.
- The trekking trail begins through Langtang River River from Syabru Besi, and ends in Syabru Besi via Green forests, beautiful Hills, Greenery, Rugged mountains, Glaciers and Beautiful hike to Cherkori (5050m) with Langtang (7234m) Langtang Lirung (7245m) Lakpa Dorje(6989m),Ganga LaPass (5122m)Sishapangma (8027m),Gyangchempo (6387m
- Tourist even can go by public bus which goes from center part of Kathmandu to Syabru Besi but it is quite uncomfortable due to many people standing inside bus and keep passengers on the way by stopping so many places.
- We suggest you to drive by private Jeep which will be more comfortable and also free wherever you want to stop to take photograph.
Trekking Permits of Langtang Valley Trek
- Need Langtang National Park Permit it cost 30$ and TIMS is 10$ per person.
- The Check Point is in Dhunche/Syabru Besi and check out is in Dhunche/Syabru Besi.
- Need 2 passport size photos to make permit in Kathmandu, either even you buy in entry point of Langtang National Park.
- No need special permit to go Langtang Valley Trek.
Lodges and Foods in Langtang Valley Trek
During the period of Langtang Trek, trekkers will sleep in normal Tea-houses with sharing laundry and bathroom. Though, Owner of the Tea House offers the blanket but it will not be sufficient to avoid cold; so need -105 sleeping bags. You will sleep in Tea-House Lodge.
One can choose food from Menu, but normally they have Nepali Food Called Dal Bhat, Vegetables, Noodles, potatoes, Local Gurung Bread, Toast, Omelete, boiled eggs, pasta, French fries and soup. There are even biscuits, chocolates and soft drinks. In the upper part, food cost is more expensive than lower part. Due to remotness food is expensive and also difficult to send transportation. From Syabru Besi Foods and Things is carried by local Porters.
Detail Cost of Langtang Valley Trek
- Langtang National Permit= 35$ Per Person
- Guide Wages= 30$ Per Day ( Salary, Food, Accommodation, Insurance and Private equipments)
- Porter Wages= 25$ Per Day ( Salary, Food, Accmmodation, Insurance and Priate equipments. Porter Carries maximun 25-30kg)
- Kathmandu to Syabru Besi By Private Transport= 150$
- Syabru Besi to Kathmandu By Private Transport= 200$
- Normal Tea House Room (Twin Share) = 10$ -15$
- Food (Breakfast-Lunch-Diiner)= 25$-40$ Per Day/Per Person
- Tea/Coffee= 1$-4$ Per Cup
- Bottle of Water= 1$-3$
- Beer= 4$-7$
- Hotel in Kathmandu 3* Twin Share= 60$
- Arrival & Departure from Airport= 20$
Before you start Langtang Trek, must prepare for your equipments to prevent cold and for safety. Your backpacks should ready in Kathmandu because equipments cannot get in Langtang region. Below listed equipments are recommended for Manaslu Trek.
- Hiking Boots and Socks
- Waterproof Jacket
- Fleece Jacket
- Sun Glass
- Warm Cap
- Water bottle
- Sleeping Bag -15 degree
- Down Jacket
- Small Towel
- Trekking Sticks