Svaneti is an amazing and distinctive world, an authentic corner of an ancient civilization, which has preserved traditions and originality in almost all areas of its life. Here, you will not find fashionable hotels, lounge bars and spas. But you can relax in the conditions of fabulously beautiful nature, clean air and majestic mountains ...
Arrival at the airport of Tbilisi. Meeting at the airport company representative. A special program has been developed for the group, a walking tour of the old city accompanied by a guide:
- “Cradle of Tbilisi” - a bathhouse quarter where the foundation of the city was laid. This part of the old city is the oldest, is considered a conservation area and is under state protection.
- The oldest Christian temples and shrines with unique architecture and painting - Anchiskhati, Sioni, Metekhi
- Ascent by cable car to the observation platform of the Narikal fortress, with which the whole of Tbilisi is in full view
- In the labyrinths of ancient Tbilisi streets and atmospheric Italian courtyards
The tour will last about 2 hours. Then the group went to Svaneti, pos. Mestia.
Hatsvali ski resort
- Distance from the village. Mestia 6 km. Transfer to the resort for the group will be carried out by a special cross-country minibus, which will be assigned to the group for the entire stay.
- the lowest point of the resort - 1 865 m; highest point - 2,347 m; average height difference - 480 m; number of tracks - 3; the length of the green, simplest track is 700 m; the length of the blue (the longest) track is 2,600 m; length of the red route - 1 900 m;
- the number of lifts - 3, of which 2 are tow-tows (600 and 800 m each) and 1 are four chairlifts (1,462 m long); there is night lighting on the tracks; there are freeride zones;
- instructor training services; rescue team that was organized and trained by experienced French specialists
Especially for the group, the company will reserve ski equipment in accordance with your request and shoe size. The service is included in the price.
It is especially worth noting for lovers the opportunity for a ski tour to the dominant Ushba mountain and excellent opportunities for backcountry.
At the upper point of the lift is the upper platform, where there is a cozy cafe "Zuruldi", from here you can see magnificent panoramic views. The cafe provides a good selection of Georgian cuisine, hot dishes and mulled wine.
Day 3 - 6
Tetnuldi ski resort
- The distance from the village of Mestia is 15 km.
The trend in the world of winter sports today is such that the prospect of opening new resorts with interesting routes and at the same time a small number of people, low prices and unbelievably beautiful panoramic views is practically unrealistic. Such places can occur in units over decades.
Tetnuldi is certainly at the moment one of such places where a small number of people, a small cost, a completely unique authentic world around, fabulous views from the magic kingdom at 360 degrees, when you climb, you always look at the giant Tetnuld, rising directly above your head, and when downhill you go straight to one of the most beautiful mountains of the Caucasus - Ushba.
In Tetnuldi, we managed to combine two chips - the absolute authenticity of the place and modern technologies for designing a ski resort
A couple of years will pass and Tetnuldi will be loaded with crowds of people who, of course, will bring here the fuss from which sometimes you really want to escape.
So what do we have today.
First of all, this is a cult place for fans of freeride.
Freeride in the resort area - available directly from the cable cars. The relief is very interesting - there are steep slopes, fields and small counter slopes, and a forest.
The resort’s capabilities in this regard are guaranteed to be of interest to many: from beginner riders to confident skaters. The relief combines a forest zone, a rarity for freeriding in Georgia and wide fields and cool slopes and awesome panoramic views.
For lovers of ski tours Svaneti is an absolutely special topic ...
Frankly, such a vastness is difficult to find, somewhere, for such affordable money. First of all, of course, Tetnuld himself. Of course, our company strongly recommends going on such a trip with a local guide. At your request, we will select the most experienced for the group (the service is not included in the tour price and is paid extra if desired)
Now about the technical details
- The beginning of the cableway is 1800 m above sea level. The highest point is 3150 m. The total length of the tracks is 25 km. The total height difference is 900 m. The descent from the very top of the resort is quite long - about 9 km.
Graduation of the tracks will help to distribute the group or family according to technical readiness.
The first stage is ideal for beginners and for a relaxed ride. Simple and at the same time interesting - there are turns and the opportunity to go off the track and try your hand at chubby snow with the ability to quickly return to the packed place. The second stage is a little steeper, the complexity of the route is distributed proportionally and, compared with the first section, is a notch
We need special equipment, preparation of a lot of cool places, a lot of high-speed turns of areas for maneuvering ... In a word, you won’t tell everything because this is not a virtual trip
At the moment, 4 lines of elevators have been built and launched: 3 chairs successively raising from 2,265 m to a height of 3,165 m and an additional side cable car that goes to the top level of the second stage from 2,340 m to 2,700 m
Transfer from the hotel to Mestia in Tbilisi. Farewell dinner from the company. Transfer to the hotel in Tbilisi