Brief information on the area and route
Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the most popular trekking trails in Nepal. This trail presents diverse of terrain from lower part to world’s highest pass in the world (Thorong-La-Pass). The trek offers amazing view of Annapurna I, II, III IV, and more Himalayan peaks.
This trekking route offers natural beauty of low terrain Rice field, high alpine, lush valley with world deepest gorge. Fresh air, clean Himalayan streams, awesome mountain villages and good hospitality of Nepali People are the major tips of this region.
The great Hindu Temple Muktinath, and Old Buddhist Monastery seemed to collide;the divine and soul-stirring realm of nostalgia. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and glaciated Himalayan Peaks of massif Annapurna bordered us, stark in glittering radiance of altitude. Tibetan nuns and Hindu Indian Sadhus at the same place doing meditation are the main focal point of this route.
Due to road construction has changed little nature of this trek since 5-7 years (approaching north of Muktinath in the west and Manang in the east). But still it remains a gorgeous trek can be finished from different ways- from short way 9-10 days.
How to Start & End Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the incredible treks of Nepal which begins after having 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu to Chamje via Besisahar.
- Despite the issues on road construction, this trekking trail is still one of the most popular treks of Nepal. Ttrekkers begins this trek from Besisahar and ends in Nayapul which is very longer route which takes 20-22 days with whole circuit of Annapurna.
- Even Tourists can go Manang by Jeep in one day from Besisahar.
- In our above mentioned itinerary, we recommend you to drive from Kathmandu to Chamje and Ends trek in Jomsom and fly to Pokhara.
Trekking Permits of Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Need Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit; it cost 20$ per person.
- Also Need TIMS; it cost 10$ per person.
- One can buy ACAP Permit with TIMS Card in Nepal Tourism Board or related company through which you go Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- Your Permit is Checked-inn in Besisahar and checked out in Jomsom.
Lodges and Foods in Annapurna Circuit Trek
During the period of Annapurna Trekking, Trekkers sleep in normal Tea-houses. But in lower part, there is available of attached Room too. Two Trekkers can share one room where available of two beds. Toilet and Bathroom is shared in upper part of Annapurna Circuit Trek. Main season of Annapurna Circuit trekking is March, April, May, Sep, Oct & Nov. One can choose food from Menu, but normally they have Nepali Food Called Dal Bhat, Vegetables, and Noodles, potatoes, Local Gurung Bread, Pizza, Steak, Fry Rice, Toast, Omelete, boiled eggs, pasta, French fries and soup. There are even biscuits, chocolates and soft drinks. In the upper part, food cost is more expensive than lower part. Due to remotness food is expensive and also difficult to send transportation. Foods are carried by Porters.
Best time to go Annapurna Circuit Trek
Are you looking for the best time to go Annapurna Circuit? Wherever you travel in the world, it is necessary to know the best time. The Best time to trek ABC is pre monsoon and post moon season. The most recommended season of ABC Trek is in autumn (Sep, Oct, Nov,) and spring (March, April May). In Autumn Season, monsoon dies away, haze and rain still little bit potential. The views are magnificent, fabulous and cooling down. Weather is too fresh and clean. In spring season, lower part of Marsyangdi River will be hot and upper part, not too cold not too hot. Weather will be awesome having fantastic view of Himalayan peaks though sometimes may change the weather due to cloud but it is rare. The views of mountains are awesome.
Detail Cost of Annapurna Circuit Trek
- ACAP Permit= 30$ Per Person
- TIMS= 10$ Per Person
- Guide Wages= 30$ Per Day ( Salary, Food, Accommodation, Insurance and Private equipments)
- Porter Wages= 25$ Per Day ( Salary, Food, Accmmodation, Insurance and Priate equipments. Porter Carries maximun 25-30kg)
- Kathmandu to Chamje By Private Jeep= 285$ (4-6 people can share it)
- Jomsom to Pokhara Flight= 125$ Per Person
- Pokahra to Kathmandu Flight= 125$ Per Person
- Normal Tea House Room (Twin Share) = 10$ -15$
- Food (Breakfast-Lunch-Diiner)= 25$-40$ Per Day/Per Person
- Tea/Coffee= 1$-4$ Per Cup
- Bottle of Water= 1$-3$
- Beer= 4$-7$
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara 3* standard Per Twin Room= 60$
- Arrival and Departure Cost= 30$ (By Car)
Before you start Annapurna Circuit Trek, must prepare for your equipments to prevent cold and for safety. Your backpacks should ready in Kathmandu. Below listed equipments are recommended for Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Hiking Boots and Socks
- Waterproof Jacket
- Fleece Jacket
- Sun Glass
- Warm Cap
- Water bottle
- Sleeping Bag -15 degree
- Down Jacket
- Small Towel
- Trekking Sticks