Our terms of the expedition are chosen so that to have time to acclimatize before the end of May (usually the best time for a rise in weather) to ascend to the summit of Makalu.
The approximate program of the Everest ascent (53 days):
Arrival in Kathmandu
Organizational day. Purchase of individual equipment. Registration of necessary documents, registration of permits. Tours in Kathmandu.
Flight to Tumligar and then transfer to Hadabari (1280 m)
Jeep to Num - the beginning of the track
Trekking Num - Sedyuva. 800 meters of discharge into the gorge of the legendary Arun River, 850 sets into the village of Sedyuva.
Track Sedyuva - Tashigaon. Going to a pretty Sherpa village
Track Tashigaon - Khongma. A long hot climb. For the day you need to gain 1400 meters in height.
Khongma Track - Mumbuk (3520m). One of the most beautiful days of the track. Amazing views of the Arun valley and the eight-thousander Kanchenjunga.
Track Mumbuk - Nehe Kharkha (4320 m) Relatively short and easy transition
Track Nehe Kharkha - BC Makalu
Makalu base camp, rest day
Track BC Makalu- ABC Makalu
Climbing Makalu. We work according to an agreed schedule taking into account the weather and the condition of the participants
Return to Kathmandu
Additionally, according to the tour program
- Our expedition starts in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. We meet you at the airport and settle in the hotel.
- The first 3 days we deal with organizational issues, preparation for the expedition: obtaining a permit, purchasing equipment, visiting interesting places in the capital of Nepal, etc.
- Further we move by road Tumligar and Num.
- From this moment, pedestrian trekking to the base camp of Makalu begins, with a good set of heights for acclimatization.
- In the base camp the program of high-altitude acclimatization, rest and the ascent to the top of Makalu (we are waiting for a favorable period of weather) begins.
- Then back down to Kathmandu, a gala dinner, a flight home.